I live in a small, but comfortable, cave on an island in the middle of the western ocean but keep a studio in Portland, Oregon (USA) which I visit frequently. I am Lu Kesi 魯可思 to the Chinese, to everyone else I’m Dan Lucas. I paint in Chinese style ink and color on paper, carve Chinese style chops (seals/stamps/印章), and practice Chinese calligraphy.
- I’ll be at Lan Su Chinese Garden in Portland, Oregon every Sunday in August from 10:00 AM to noon giving a demonstration of seal carving
- I recently completed several seal designs for the American hip hop group The Wu-tang Clan for use in their 36 Chambers clothing line
- Added “Up in a Tree” to Painting 2017
- Added “No Wifi” to Painting 2017
- Added “Grandpa, Tell Me Again” to Painting 2017
- Added “Copyright” to Painting 2017
- 23 July – Book launch for “The Beyond Within” at Lan Su Chinese Garden