Sunday 13 November 2011
7:00 AM – breakfast in dining hall:
- pickled green beans
- flat crepe of potato flour? and egg?
Zhejiang Art Museum
8:00 AM – I walk to the Zhejiang Art Museum to see an exhibition of modern Chinese painting.
11:17 AM – I buy four books on seal carving from the museum bookstore ($47.41). Downstairs and across the courtyard is the Zhejiang Art Museum “Professional” Art Supply Store where I buy, for a total of $33.93:
- small old fashioned round seal vise [110 RMB]
- round slate ink stone/ink container with lid ($3.77)
- complete, though medium quality, set of seal knives in a brocade box ($12.57)
I walk back to the college with my arms full.
12:00 PM – I buy my lunch from the French bakery across the street from school ($5.81):
- croissant (excellent)
- egg tart (much better than Portland’s)
3:30 PM – I walk to the Carrefour department store to buy ($37.42):
- extension cord for my desk lamp in the classroom
- Head & Shoulders shampoo
- Johnson’s baby soap
- porcelain bowl “Love Apple”
- porcelain cup “I Love Son”
- black sweatshirt for the approaching colder weather
- two long-sleeve t-shirts
I have dinner in the other dining hall and order from the menu [10 RMB], and eat with Ruiz from Columbia and Bu[?] from Korea:
- green peppers, onion, carrots, and pork over rice
It is sunny and warm all day but with a hazy afternoon.